Thursday, January 26, 2012

Family Night

     Every time I sit  down to write this blog I always have a scripture that pops in my mind about the people who might be reading it.  It comes from Philippians chapter 1:


I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer
 of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel
 from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing,
that He who has begun a good work in you will
complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

     I feel so inept to express how gracious and completely humbled by the enormity of people who have prayed and cared for us.  We have been encouraged physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually and in many more ways I know I am not recalling right now.  Dustin the girls and I have without a doubt had the most difficult past year of our lives.  Satan has waged a full scale attack on our family.  I know that is not something a lot of people talk about but I am really trying to be less concerned with being comfortable and more concerned on letting God and his spirit move me.  Satan has attacked our marriage, our children, our financial security and basically has tried everything in his power to take our family.  No matter how big satan attacks, our God is bigger.  God has revived our marriage, provided a new job for Dustin that he loves, worked in Bailey's health, provided us with a church family that loves us and cares for us, financially taken care of us, provided us numerous angels in the friends we have to minister to us,  and most of all has given us new eyes to see how God is transforming us everyday.  We have had people reach out to us in complete sorrow with awful situations in their own life but yet still have taken the time to reach out to us.  I am so in awe of our Savior. 

     Last night, Dustin and Maddie came up after Maddie's dance practice to visit. My motherly instinct was very practical and thought this was not a good idea because Wednesday is Maddie's late night and they don't get done until 8:30. Then it took almost an hour to get down here which put them arriving at 9:30 on a school night. I'm glad I didn't protest too much because it was the first time in 2 weeks that all four of us have been together. It was so sweet to see the girls love on each other. We had Maddie tears when it was time to go (at 11 PM!!) but got her to go reluctantly with the promise of coming back tomorrow. She has been a champ when it comes to dealing with all this Chaos. I even took pictures for proof!!




     Here is the latest on our situation here at Texas Children's.  Bailey's INR is 1.9 today.  That is a bit disappointing but the Dr's have a plan to increase her coumadin dose.  The team of doctor's that are following us had a discussion with me this morning about the possibility of transferring Bailey to a place called Healthbridge.  It is supposed to be more relaxed atmosphere that is easier to navigate and where her coumadin can be followed.  I'm not sure at this moment what we are going to do but at this moment it seems like a lot of work to move facilities when she is pretty content here with all the activities Texas Children's has to offer.  I am waiting for the doctors to come by to get more information before we make the final decision. 

     We continue to spend time everyday catching up on homework, reading some good books a good friend brought us, watching Lost (of course:),  and taking walks around the hospital.  The transformation in Bailey's health over the last few weeks has been nothing short of a gift from our Heavenly Father.  Thank you for approaching his throne on our behalf.  You are in our prayers daily as well and will continue to be. 
In Christ,
Jackie
Thank you David PTO for your sweet and humbling gifts!  Maddie couldn't wait to help me and Bailey open the cards!  I am so grateful to all of you:)

2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your posts! You are so inspiring and so strong! I think satan better think twice before he messes w/ you or your family! You are certainly right....our God is bigger and can take care of all these things and so much more. Hang in there, and keep focusing on the bigger picture which is that God is in control of all of this. Continuing to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs.Gist it is Nicole. I was at TCH today and we would of came to say hi but we didn't know you guys were there.:( I am thinking about you and Bailey. She is very strong. Bye, good luck to all of you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete