Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Back Again

     Well it has been exactly one month since my last post and unfortunately we are back at TCH.  Bailey has done fantastic over the last month.  She has been attending school regularly and has been a typical 14 year old girl.  Yesterday at about 11:15 I received a phone call from her school's AP saying that Bailey was back in the nurses office.  She couldn't see and had numbness.  They had to take her out of class by wheelchair.  The AP asked me if I wanted her to call an ambulance and I told her to let me get there first and assess the situation.  At that time she was coherent and verbal.  Less than 5 minutes later they called me back and said Bailey had taken a turn and they had to call 911.  When I got there she was being loaded into an ambulance.  Her eyes were open and she was trying to talk but could only make noises.  I rode in the front of the ambulance and Dustin followed behind us.  On our way to TCH the paramedic believed Bailey was having a seizure and sedated her but to no avail.  She was nonverbal, convulsing and not lucid for several hours yesterday.  We spent about 9 hours in the ER and were moved to the PCU at around 9. 
     The good news and bad news is that so far everything has come back normal.  We are relieved they haven't found anything major but at the same time we are still not clear about what is happening to our girl.  We have spoke before about the need for an MRI  but Bailey is not a candidate for one. She has a pacemaker which makes her a high risk for having a procedure with a very strong magnet because the pacemaker and St. Jude's valve are both metallic.  However, the doctors here feel like it is time to do what needs to be done in order to get a brain MRI.  So we are on the schedule sometime today to have an MRI done on her brain to hopefully get some answers.  The doctors have given us some other ideas about what might possibly be causing these symptoms but I will blog more about that option after we get the results from the MRI.  They feel like what might possibly be happening is that she could have some residual damage from her previous strokes which could cause her to keep having mini-strokes.  She does seem to be back to normal today and that is a blessing. 
Yesterday was a difficult day and Dustin and I didn't get to bed until after 2 in the morning.  I hear a lot from people about our strength.  I'm hear to tell you yesterday was a true test of my faith and strength.  I know logically that God is in control but honestly sometimes you just want to say, "SERIOUSLY, God?"  I hope I don't offend any readers by that statement but I am just being honest.  The funny thing is what I am learning is God is probably up in Heaven looking down on me going, "SERIOUSLY, Jackie?"  Sometimes I am hard headed about lessons he is trying to lead me through and I am blessed to have a fatherwho loves me so much that he keeps leading me to bigger blessings.  Dustin and I are in the process of trying to work through some big things that I would have never thought possible and I know these ideas are little nudges from his spirit saying, "Look what I have in store for you.  Don't give up!"  Please keep Bailey in your prayers as well as Maddie.  Dustin and I could sure use some prayers of strength and discernment to make sure we are following his good and perfect will. 
Love to you all,
Jackie

2 comments:

  1. The "SERIOUSLY?" cracked me up. Every time I see another post about Bailey and the hospital I say, "Good grief!" without thinking. It's not offensive; it's the truth about being human. Good thing God is big enough to handle our frustrations! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie you are one in a million. I admit that I broke down last night after experiencing this for the 3rd time at school. Bailey has blessed my life and the lives of so many people at Knox...and everyone she meets. In order to raise an exceptional child like Bailey it takes an extra ordinary mother like yourself. That was God's plan. Mother Mary will bless you and give you comfort. You are in my prayers and I can't wait to see Bailey back at school! Peace, Tammy

    ReplyDelete